You will get a smooth transition from 'classic' to the Azure-based platform.
- For instance, it's possible to run the Azure-based platform and 'classic' concurrently as you onboard pilot users and prepare for launch.
In general, the switch to the Azure-based platform is a move toward a less technical setup and a more intuitive browser-based admin interface. For instance, the Azure-based platform includes role-based access control capability which means that IT usually is only involved during the initial setup. Updating email signatures/campaigns is a tasked the marketing/communications teams (no workload in IT).
eMailSignature is re-branded as Xink (as we as company re-branded back in 2014)
You no longer have to maintain everything on premises. Many clients have no installation on servers when upgrading to the latest Azure-based platform.
- The Azure-based platform replaces the 'classic' management console.
- Your SQL database continues if you want to manage OWA/Mobile email signature with Exchange Server on premises.
- Sign.exe is replaced by the Xink client which updates Outlook (Win/Mac) and Apple Mail (Mac) during office hours (not only during domain login). Alternatively, you can also apply the signature at the server with Office 365 environment.
- Your company login replace your license key (you can assign a login to the responsible department using role-based access control).
The upgrade is included with current maintenance/support agreement
- You are also licensed to get OWA/Mobile email signature updated with both Exchange Server on-premises and with Exchange online (Office 365).
- A quick comparison between 'classic' and the Azure-based platform.
1. How to request your login
- Keep 'classic' running (it can run together with the Azure-based platform as you add pilot users).
- Schedule intro meeting or submit a support ticket and request your Xink login.
2. How to copy/paste templates
- Open the Azure-based platform and copy templates (copy from HTML source).
- Login to Xink > Signatures menu, click signature, click Source button and paste HTML source.
- Click inside the field and insert Xink field from the drop-down (Standard fields have other names).
3. How to add employees
4. How to assign email signatures
- How to assign email signatures to everyone, groups, and individuals.
If your PAs are sending on behalf of the partners/managers:
- How to share other users' default signatures.
5. How to update Outlook (desktop)
6. How to update mobile devices
- With Office 365.
- With Exchange Server on premises (if already set up in 'classic,' you reuse your SQL database).
7. How to update Outlook on the web (OWA)
8. How to stop 'classic' updates
- Stop executing Sign.exe during domain login (typically found in NETLOGON share).
- When you move to Office 365, you can also uninstall eMailSignature (found in add/remove programs) and delete the SQL database (default DB name is eMailSignature).
9. How to add more users
- Contact us, and we'll add additional users to your account login.
- You can move to a monthly subscription if you prefer (require credit card payment) - or stay with a yearly subscription, and then we pro-rate additional users.