You will get a smooth transition from eMailSignature "classic" to Xink Azure-based platform.
- For instance, it's possible to run Xink and "classic" concurrently.
In general, the switch to Xink is a move toward The Email Signature Platform.
For instance, the Xink platform includes role-based access control capability and multiple integrations.
eMailSignature is re-branded as Xink (as we as company re-branded back in 2014)
You no longer have to maintain everything on premises. Many clients have no installation on servers when upgrading to the latest version.
- The Xink browser-based administration login replaces the eMailSignature management console.
- Your SQL database continues if you want to manage OWA/Mobile email signature with Exchange Server on premises.
- Sign.exe is replaced by the Xink client which updates Outlook (Win/Mac) and Apple Mail (Mac) during office hours (not only during domain login). Alternatively, you can also apply the signature at the server with Office 365 environment.
- Your company login replace your license key (you can assign a login to the responsible department using role-based access control).
With current eMailSignature maintenance subscription, you upgrade at no extra cost
- You are also licensed to get OWA/Mobile email signature updated with both Exchange Server on-premises and with Exchange online (Office 365).
- A quick comparison between 'classic' and 'current' versions.
1. How to request your login
- Keep eMailSignature running (it can run together with Xink until you are ready to switch).
- Schedule intro meeting or submit a support ticket and request your Xink login.
2. How to copy/paste templates
- Open eMailSignature and copy templates (copy from HTML source).
- Login to Xink > Signatures menu, click signature, click Source button and paste HTML source.
- Click field and insert Xink field (Standard Xink fields have other names).
3. How to add employees
- Read user contact details from Active Directory on premises.
- Read users from Azure Active Directory (AAD).
- Read users from SQL data source. You use AD Export to keep users in Xink alive and then the API to update their information based on your SQL source.
4. How to assign email signatures
- How to set company default email signatures.
- How to set email signatures for groups.
- How to set email signatures for individuals.
Specifically for clients using the Assistant module:
- Shared Signatures-How to Give Access to other Users' Default Signatures.
5. How to update Outlook (desktop)
- Install the Xink App for Outlook (Windows) using invitation email (for non-domain users).
- Install the Xink App for Outlook (Mac) using invitation email.
- Install the Xink App unattended as an MSI/oAuth2 package (for Citrix/RDS).
6. How to update mobile devices
7. How to update Outlook on the web (OWA)
8. How to stop eMailSignature
- Stop executing Sign.exe during domain login (typically found in NETLOGON share).
- When you move to Office 365, you can also uninstall eMailSignature (found in add/remove programs) and delete the SQL database (default name is eMailSignature).
10. How to add additional users
- Contact us and we'll add additional users to your Xink login - Or you can activate additional users using your credit card (Subscription menu).
- You can move to a monthly subscription if you prefer - or stay with a yearly subscription and then we pro-rate additional users.